I’ve been to hell and back, and have come out of it unscath because of the fact that I am a woman. I am clever and smarter than the devil himself because I can reason with both my mind and my heart. I have this thing inside me called faith that is more powerful than magic and all the superpowers combined.
Tragedy can’t break my heart easily. Heartache can’t crush me down. Disappointment may set me back a little but it can’t totally put me down.
I am a woman. I set the tone of the future. I make the world dance to my beat. I inspire beauty. I make things happen. I move people into action.
To my fellow women out there, Happy Women’s Day! Give yourself a pat on the back because you’ve definitely done good.:)
Today marks the day that I fully embraced motherhood. 11 years ago, I gave birth to the most beautiful baby “our” world has ever seen…Bianca Angela.
The past eleven years has been the happiest years of my life, thanks to my daughter, Bianca. Somehow, life is more colorful, more meaningful and more beautiful because of her. Until now, I still marvel at the thought that she came from me. I still haven’t gotten over the fact that I carried her in my own womb, that she is my own flesh and blood. Seeing her all grown up and all ready to conquer the world, I can’t help but think that I must have done something good because God gifted me with one of His miracles.
I can probably enumerate about 1,001 things that I love about you but since you only turned 11 today, I will just give 11 and save the rest for the next 990 birthdays that you will spend with me.
- I love how your big round eyes lit up and how your face brightens into a happy smile everytime you see me in school. It warms my heart to know that you still love seeing me as much as I love seeing you.
- I love how you charmed your way to my Daddy’s heart and how you loved him to pieces till he passed away. It somehow made the pain of losing me to your dad more bearable for him. I’ve always felt that he never got over the fact that his little girl got married, but because you came along, he had learned to accept it.
- I love how you tenderly love my mama and how loyal you are to her. You always indulgingly allow her to dot on you and pamper you the way she wished she could’ve with me and my sister. I also appreciate the way you hold her hand and how you offer your shoulder for her to lean on everytime she decides to forego of her cane.
- I love the way you easily come to your dad’s defense whenever I get mad at him or jokingly criticize him. I know for a fact that your fierce love for your dad and your unwavering loyalty to him inspire and move him to become a better father everyday.
- I love how you have fondly included my sister in your circle of love and how you made a space for her in your future. It warms my heart to know that you have taken it upon yourself to take care of all of us when we grow old.
- I love how you treat your friends well and how you never have any friendship hang-ups. You never resent them when they ditch you for another or when they suddenly leave you high and dry. I actually admire the way you make friends with the new kids in school and how you can easily strike a friendship with just about anyone.
- I love how you are always grateful for whatever we can give you. You never did ask for anything more, you content yourself with what we have. You never demanded for far more than we can provide.
- I love how you can get lost in a book for hours. You would gladly trade the remote control for a nice long story. A trip to your favorite bookstore makes you happy.
- I love how you write stories on my iphone. Reading them over and over again never fails to brighten my day. I do think that you will become a famous writer someday.
- I love how you would go to the chapel to pray the rosary every afternoon with your friend and how you never forget to say your evening prayers however sleepy and tired you are. It humbles me to know that at such a young age you have learned to nurture your own deep personal relationship with God and that your faith has grown as big as your heart can accommodate.
- I love how you turned out to be the most loving and kindhearted kid I know. You always have a room for just about everybody in your heart. You bask in the glory of being able to help, of being able to give. It is always a joy to have you around.
Everday I thank the heavens for giving you to us. You make our life complete. You are my answered prayer, my dream come true, and my destiny revealed. It is a great pleasure and honor to be your mom.
Happy birthday baby, may all your dreams come true.