It’s that most
wonderful stressful time of the year again. Yup, you read it right! Christmas, the holidays, is synonymous to S-T-R-E-S-S. But wait, before you condemned me to grinchdom, let me explain myself. Christmas is all kind of stress. Good stress what with all the excitement brought about by christmas shopping, family reunions, gift giving, etc. and well, bad stress due to traffic, christmas rush, tying loose ends before closing the year, and scrambling to finish the work week before going on vacation! Let me tell you that both good and bad stress may aggravate Acne.
How’s so? You might ask. Well, the increased levels of stress stimulate the body’s production of various hormones and trigger different changes in the skin. Sometimes it causes the skin oils to become more viscous making you more acne prone. Stress also reduces your body’s natural immune defense. As a result, your skin doesn’t fight off bacteria build-up as well as when your body is out of stress. When these happen, we become more prone to breakouts. Acne begins when oil collects at the base of the hair follicle and becomes trapped by dead skin cells. Bacteria flourish, form a plug and swell beneath the skin. Stress can make acne worse, causing more anxiety, and creating a vicious cycle.
At the risk of sounding such a pimple errr party pooper, here are some tips on how to stay STRESS-FREE this christmas:
1. Get a good night’s rest. There’s nothing like an eight-hour sleep to ward off stress. This will pack you with enough energy for all those endless christmas parties and get-together.
2. Do your christmas shopping early. Saves you the trouble of braving the crowds in the mall and elbowing your way to the long line in the cashier.
3. Carpool to and from work. Traffic is inevitable in this crazy jungle we call home. Make getting stuck in traffic fun by having some good company with you.
4. Focus, focus, focus. The jolly christmas atmosphere at work can prove to be a total distraction. Who wouldn’t want to linger over coffee breaks a bit or check out what gifts your officemates receive? Although it is perfectly alright to get into the christmas spirit, this can cause some delay into our work making you in the end, more stressed to the nth power. Manage your time wisely and do first things first!
5. Use Proactiv Solution Combination Therapy to prevent acne before they begin. Proactiv’s Combination Therapy treats acne and prevents future breakouts. It is a 3-Step System that work together to cleanse your skin, fight the blemishes, help stop new one from forming, and gently heal damaged skin.
Step 1: Renewing Cleanser. This medicated Renewing Cleanser is made with exclusive micro-crystal benzoyl peroxide – featuring smaller, finer particles designed to quickly penetrate pores to start killing acne-causing bacteria on contact. Tiny exfoliating beads gently remove dirt, excess oil and dead skin cells to help keep pores from clogging.
Step 2: Revitalizing Toner. This refreshing, alcohol-free toner helps remove impurities and excess oil so your skin looks and feels clean, soft and refreshed – not tight and dried out. Soothing botanical agents gently balance skin tone.
Step 3: Repairing Treatment. The repairing acne treatment is a feather-light medicated treatment that gets deep into clogged pores faster but is designed to be gentler on the skin. It’s an oil-free formula that’s safe for your entire face.
Bonus: Refining Mask. This rich, deep cleansing mask uses sulfur, a proven acne blemish- fighting ingredient that reaches deep into the pores, heals existing blemishes, pampers inflamed skin, and softens and refines the skin’stexture.
Ongoing PROACTIV Promotion: The Proactiv 60-Day Limited Edition Pack with FREE Proactiv Advanced Daily Oil Control 50ml is available at Watsons and SM Department stores (Beauty Section) nationwide.
So, what are you waiting for. Follow these tips and have very merry stress-free Christmas!:)
It’s that most
I am better known as Nan’s widow, Bianca Angela’s mom, and Woodrose’s Mrs. Dela Cruz. I am a full time teacher and mentor, a freelance writer for various print and online publications, a marathoner, and a curator of inspiring faith stories.
I am also the author of the best selling book, Grace Upon Grace: A widow’s journey.:)
MY AWARD WINNING BOOK!
Grab a copy now from Amazon
“This book describes the author’s personal journey in faith and grace as a widow and single mother to her cancer warrior child. It chronicles how she managed to rise above her fears and found joy even in moments of grief and sorrow. …”
Subscribe to My News